Saturday, August 11, 2012

Firsts and Lasts

Hey everybody! Sorry I haven't blogged in a while, things have been crazy!

From here on out I will only be home in Oregon about a month! I fly out of Medford September 5th, and wont return until next July. As excited as I am, I'm also kind of sad. Only one more month with my friends and family!

Though I still haven't received my host family placement in Panama I am getting more and more prepared for the trip every day. Whether it's shopping, packing, seeing friends and family, working on my spanish and online classes, or just reading up on Panama online, I hope that when I get on the plane I'll be as prepared as I can.

August and September will no doubt bring many firsts and lasts. The last times I will see my friends and family, the last time I will walk out of my home in Oregon, the last time I'll be able to drive! There's a lot of things I'm going to miss, but I know all of the firsts in Panama will be even more rewarding. The first time I meet my host family, or am in a Spanish speaking country, or  leave my home and family for more than a few weeks at a time. It's kind of surreal, being fifteen and moving farther away from home than many adults ever do.

Sorry for the delay on this blog, I hope everyone's having a great summer and staying cool!
-brelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment